Conference 2021 - Virtual Conference Program
TO: CALIFORNIA AG TEACHERS AND FRIENDS
Executive Director of CATA and Conference Coordinator
President, California Agricultural Teachers' Association
Chair, Secondary Division
Chair, Post Secondary Division
Chair, Operations Division
State Supervisor, Agricultural Education, California Department of Education
SUBJECT: CATA Summer Conference
Time is running out to register for Summer Conference, the virtual conference is being held the week of June 21, 2021.
Conference registration MUST be submitted online. You can submit everything electronically by following the procedures outlined on our online registration. Once you have input your information, the final page will contain a receipt number, please print a copy of this page for your records and for your district. You will also receive an email confirmation confirming that you are registered.
CATA Idea Show - Great News!! The CATA Idea Show is back virtually again this year! The deadline for submissions is Thursday, June 17th. Please take a few minutes to submit your great idea! The instructions are simple and the link to the submission form is below.
Steps to Submit a Virtual Idea!
Step #1 Identify Your Idea and Gather Your Resources
1. Be prepared to upload documentation to the Google Form. Have a worksheet that goes with your storyline, or directions for that awesome team challenge you do on an officer retreat? Maybe it's a picture of your farm or project plans? It can even be a simple explanation of a process or thing you do at your site on a Word document. Share your resources that compliment your idea submission.
2. If your resources are being shared from your Google Drive, please be sure they are “view only” so no one can change your files.
Step #2 Complete the Idea Show Google Form CATA Virtual Idea Show Form, Now you are entered! Please check back during the week of Conference for instruction on how to vote for your favorite ideas in each category. Cash prizes will be awarded to each of the winners. Thanks for sharing!
REGISTRATION FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION UNIT (CEU) MUST BE PROCESSED DIRECTLY THROUGH FRESNO PACIFIC ON THEIR WEBSITE AT https://ce.fresno.edu/workshops/open-enrollment-workshops/cal-poly-slo-ag-ed.
- Summer Conference 1 CEU: - $90 (To receive credit you must attend your regional meeting and two professional development sessions.)
Additional details will be posted once they are available.
- Sunday, June 20 - Thursday, June 24 - CATA Virtual 5K
For those of you who are ready to Zoom into a new decade on foot, please see the 2021 CATA Virtual 5K flyer. This includes important information such as:
- Rules for the race
- How to record your results the week of the race
- Please address any inquiries regarding the 5K to Erin Gorter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday, June 22 at 5:00 p.m. - Out of the Box Wine Tasting with Jessica and Krista
Put your wine snob aside and join us as we explore wine in a box, wine in a can and some porch pounders for some easy, refreshing summer drink options. Want to purchase in advance here are some suggestions -makerwine.com, bota box & stella rosa (can be found at your local grocery stores) and the wine cube (target).
- Tuesday, June 22 at 7:45 a.m. - Zumba
Grab your water bottle, sweat towel, workout clothes, and start your day by getting endorphins flowing with a fun fitness class for all levels! Connect your streaming devices to the loudest and largest device so you can to get the best workout experience. Healthy lifestyles is a category in our department program of activities so let’s be the example our students need to follow! FFA Zumba Meetings are taking popping up all over the state. See what it’s all about in this “work”out!
- Wednesday, June 23 at 7:30 a.m. - Prayer Breakfast
Over the last year, many of us have felt challenged, isolated, and drained in ways we have not experienced before. Having hope and faith in something much larger than a pandemic brings a sense of peace and hope! Join fellow ag teachers from across the state as we sing, listen to a powerful life testimony, and re-focus our efforts towards something eternal as we share together. We hope you leave this time encouraged and feeling like your purpose is more defined!
- Thursday, June 24 at 4:00 p.m. - "Unofficial" CATA Hack 'n Blast
CATA Membership Application Form (PDF)
CATA Conference Registration Form (PDF) - For your district use only.
2021-2022 CATA Leadership Opportunities
Conference Schedule (condensed draft version) Final Conference Program (PDF)