2018-2019 Leadership Opportunities
CATA State Treasurer (5 year commitment)
To apply for a State Officer position, the applicant must:
1. Be an active CATA member.
2. Have served on Governing Board either as a Regional President, Division Chair, or Division Chair-Elect.
3. Be a teacher of agriculture.
CATA State Treasurer duties include the following:
1. Attend Executive Committee Meeting in August.
2. Take responsibility for insuring that every elected officer in CATA has paid dues by their first regional meeting.
3. Attend Winter Governing Board Meeting in January.
4. Attend Pre-Conference Governing Board Meeting in June.
5. Coordinate with the Executive Director in preparing the proposed annual budget.
6. Attend the CATA Operations Division Budget and Audit Committee Meetings.
7. Coordinate and assist in the dues collection process at Conference.
8. Continue in development of dues incentive programs and membership services.
Operations Secretary (4 year commitment) – Chair of the following committees:
This group of committees is charged with updating and correcting the Curricular Code, which governs all FFA contests. One-third of the contests are reviewed annually by the membership, with provisions to open other contests as needed. The proposed changes are discussed in committee, posted for member review, and voted on at the Operations Division meeting.
The mission of this committee is to formulate and recommend strategies to recruit prospective agricultural teachers into our profession, and coordinate scholarship fund raising efforts. The committee is also responsible for judging the scholarship applications at Summer Conference and providing the current balance in the scholarship fund.
(4 year commitment) – Chair of the following committee:
This committee deals with all curriculum revision and adoption issues in the Division. Special curriculum project funding issues are referred to this committee for recommendation to the full Division.
Post Secondary Secretary (3 year commitment)